Friday, December 25, 2020

Poem: A Love Poem

 

A Love Poem

 

my dawns and heights,

the mansions of my throat and heart and breath,

the rootstock of my life,

my laughter and reflections,

each molecule and aura--


her hands a sextant.  such hands!

the lockpicks of my evolution.  


and her eyes redolent healers.


her body swoops and slopes with my avalanches,

agile over my cordillera chest.

my tides, my fault lines, my fails, 

lean into her oceans.

i float in her fluent bed.


candles serenade us, those wooed stars,

multi-celestial, unfathomable, irreligious. 

this mystery of her.  

this fair hypnosis, she 


melts protean under my kisses, 

shivers a rain of pleasures 

through a lack of my secrecy.


her whispers write crescents of music.


within our love, its scale of hourglasses,

nocturnes or sun-burnished,

whether chasm or pinnacle,

seasons that sprout or sink,

aloft or wept, rough-clad or satin,


i need not search

 for she enfolds with wings.  

sculptress of my muscles,

weaver of my moved veins,

she 


seduces as art, as lost inspiration,

this hurt magic that i am, or forgotten,

so in each other’s arms to play,

seamless in this theater of senses.  alive


pulse by pulse, motion by motion,

where tempests behold what must be,

revealed in us, to form stairs.




=====================

No comments:

Post a Comment