Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Regarding the poems

 I've edited all the poems, back through January 2023.  Some of them are much better, but still ... what do I know.

The human world flirts with doom in various ways.  War.  Fascism.  Broken weather.  I flit and pendulum and vault between self-protective apathy and reckless urgency.  

These days, too, so much agony, as a genocide plays out in Gaza.  And my country, the USA, is supplying the weapons for it.  This fact dunks my head in an ocean of madness many times each day.

It seems everyone I talk to is a skeptic or cynic, or an agnostic, or a religious idealist who preaches inevitable eschatology.  All of humanity gone, probably soon.

Yeah, maybe.     

Check this out though:


When I Choose To See The Good Side Of Things, I'm Not Being Naive. It Is Strategic And Necessary. It's How I Learned To Survive Through Everything--(Waymond, ‘How I Fight’, Everything, Everywhere, All At Once)


 A warning however:  beware the thrice-spiked pit of tradition, religion and fanaticism.  Quite the irony, the worshippers of 'loving gods,' who fight in hatred against each other.


===================

No comments:

Post a Comment