Hiroshima Shadow
i am what i not am,
inconsequential
as an ant that ate
the last seed.
before i could make good,
i looked up at the sky.
it was the first
and last thing my lack-of-body
would ever do.
i am not known
to have a name, but it
will be said in the future
that i was prophesied,
one of the first burnt.
no one
has any idea what my mother
looked like, or whether
by some fluke she
smiled during my fast birth,
or even had bones.
for my mother
sat exactly where i
am sitting and turned
her body just so,
in the very same way;
and then there was no
flesh to beget flesh,
no heart to love
or give happiness to
a lack-of-child:
i just was.
=========================
This poem was originally published in Vine Leaves in 2013. As the war-hungry Trump sows rage in chaos across the world, I am trying to collect my work, I guess a statement to the universe, in art and ethics. As I always say, though it is always true, it could all end soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment