Monday, January 31, 2022

Regarding The Poems

 

Thank you for reading the poems!


The poems are often not in the best of shape when I post them.  They go up because they get more editing that way.

Many of the ones I put up recently have been edited.

An example is “Man Watches January.”  Originally, it had two uses of the word “single”:

 

and yet nothing is gone.

not a single sin is dead.

 

a single white rabbit

snowshoes over the tombs.

 

That was totally inadvertent.  This double-use created an unwanted overlap, so I changed it:

 

and yet nothing is gone.

not a single sin is dead.

 

an old white rabbit

snowshoes over the tombs.

 

 (As an aside, it was hard, I found, to describe myself as “old”).

 When someone reads a less recent poem on OWL, I can sometimes see the history.  I then go back and check the poem.  Of course, it's too late for whoever read it, if I make a change, which I often do.

 Some poems will never be ‘good’, due to my lack of ability.

 I am glad, though, that some readers find a bit of impact.

 

Fly Well In The Dark,

 

 OWL

owlwholaughs@gmail.com

(unfortunately I cannot respond to anonymous email)


No comments:

Post a Comment